Spring Center of Hope 

Ketamine Treatment for Depression and Anxiety

 

Depression and Anxiety

Depression affects a striking number of Americans each year, over 7% to be exact.  That is 17 million adults with at least one major depressive episode in a year. (www.NAMI.org) And, 3.2 million, or 13.3%, of adolescents age 12-17 have also experienced at least one major depressive episode in a year. (www.nimh.nih.gov) Thankfully, there are several treatments to help people get back on track

 

 

Depression 

Depression affects a striking number of Americans each year, over 7% to be exact.  That is 17 million adults with at least one major depressive episode in a year. (www.NAMI.org) And, 3.2 million, or 13.3%, of adolescents age 12-17 have also experienced at least one major depressive episode in a year. (www.nimh.nih.gov) Thankfully, there are several treatments to help people get back on track including:

  • Psychotherapy
  • Prescription medications
  • Dietary supplements
  • Exercise
  • ECT (electroconvulsive therapy) or TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation)

These treatments may alleviate depressive symptoms in the majority, about 70%, of these patients.  The remaining 30%, however still struggle.  We define these cases as treatment resistant depression.  Ketamine therapy is often a good option for these patients and will succeed in helping 70-80% of these treatment resistant people.  Contact Spring Center of Hope today to see if ketamine is a good option for your depression.

Anxiety

Many of our patients have a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) or anxiety symptoms along with other diagnosis of depression, postpartum depression or PTSD. While it is normal to experience anxiety in many situations in life, these situations are usually temporary.  When anxiety continues for months and affects work, sleep, school or relationships, it may be a disorder.  There are various types of anxiety disorders, including GAD, panic attacks, phobias (including social anxiety disorder and agoraphobia).

An experienced physician or mental health professional can help you sort out and diagnose what you are feeling.  Then, multiple available treatment options may help alleviate symptoms. These include:

  • Psychotherapy, including CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) or DBT (dialectical behavioral therapy)
  • Anti-anxiety medications
  • Anti-depressant medications
  • Stress reduction techniques
  • Alcohol avoidance
  • Exercise

Ketamine therapy is also shown to help alleviate anxiety symptoms.  Our patients describe this as a “quieting of all the noise in my head” or feeling “more at peace.” Contact us if you are not feeling relief from traditional therapies for your anxiety symptoms.

Contact Us

Call today for a free consultation

Call

(832)-559-7310

Address

Spring Center of Hope
990 Village Square Dr.
Suite K
Tomball, Texas 77375

Hours - Please schedule an appointment

Patients are taken by appointment only Monday through Saturday.

Pin It on Pinterest